History of testosterone propionate
Testosterone propionate, sold under the brand name Testoviron among others, is an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) medication which is used mainly in the treatment of low testosterone levels in men. It has also been used to treat breast cancer in women. It is given by injection into muscle usually once every two to three days.
The product was discovered in 1936 and was introduced for medical use in 1937. It was the first testosterone ester to be marketed, and was the major form of testosterone used in medicine until about 1960. The introduction of longer-acting testosterone esters like testosterone enanthate, testosterone cypionate, and testosterone undecanoate starting in the 1950s resulted in testosterone propionate mostly being superseded. As such, it is rarely used today.
Testosterone propionate also uses for bodybuilding because the product improves physique and performance.The drug is a controlled substance in many countries and so non-medical use is generally illicit.
Why is product a popular steroid for bodybuilding?
There are a lot of reasons why Testosterone Propionate is a popular steroid for athletes today. This product is known to produce gains that are very similar to injectable testosterone esters, but with the benefits of lower injections frequency and reduced aromatization. Androgens like Testosterone Propionate bind with the androgen receptors in certain tissues. When this happens, the tissue responds by increasing protein synthesis. Higher protein synthesis means more muscle gains.
It is important to note that Testosterone Propionate can be safely stacked with other steroids like Anadrol 50 or Trenbolone, making it part of popular cutting and bulking steroid cycle stacks.
Another reason why is popular this steroid is that it can be used in a hard-core precontest cycle. It is considered one of the best steroids for increasing the hardness and density of muscles, which would ultimately result in a well-defined and chiseled physique.
Enormous benefits in bodybuilding with Testosterone Propionate
There are a lot of benefits of using Test Propionate in a solo cycle.
Doing a solo cycle with Test Prop is highly beneficial and can guarantee a good number of positive effects on the body. The following positive effects of cycling Testosterone Propionate solo are the following:
- Increased testosterone levels: One of the main effects that Test Prop can give is an increase in levels of testosterone. This is due to the fact that Test Prop, like all other anabolic and androgenic steroids, is derived from testosterone. This increase in levels of testosterone will produce several benefits including fat loss, muscle gain, and an increase in libido.
- Improved nitrogen retention: The ability to retain nitrogen means that bodybuilders can benefit from increased muscle mass while on cycle. Increased levels of nitrogen in muscle cells can lead to more muscle growth.
- Increased red blood cell count: An increase in red blood cells means that oxygen transport will be considerably improved. This is one of the reasons why users are able to do intense workouts during their solo cycle with Testosterone Propionate.
- Increased IGF-1 levels: IGF-1 stands for insulin-like growth factor. Testosterone Propionate is known to promote the production of IGF-1 in the body. An increased level of IGF-1 can lead to better muscle gains and faster post-cycle recovery.
- Enhanced recovery levels: Testosterone Propionate is also responsible for improving recovery levels. This means that users will be able to recover much faster after an intense workout.
- Higher levels of stamina: Testosterone Propionate is also known for enhancing levels of stamina. This can lead to improved performance and energy levels while working out at the gym.
- Increased red blood cell production: The ability to produce more red blood cells means that muscles will be nourished much faster and you will ultimately see better muscle growth over time.
- Better nutrient absorption: Testosterone Propionate has been shown to promote better nutrient absorption so bodybuilders can experience enhanced muscle growth even while taking in a low number of calories.
Testosterone Propionate possible side effects in bodybuilding
There are also some precautions that you should be aware of when doing a Test Prop solo cycle. It is important to note that the following possible side effects are not guaranteed and they will depend on each person’s body type.
The following negative side effects of using Testosterone Propionate solo are the following:
- Headaches: Some people who do Testosterone Propionate cycles complain of headaches. This is due to the fact that Testosterone Propionate can cause water retention and this will eventually go away when you finish your cycle.
- Increased arousal or desire: Testosterone Propionate has been known to increase libido in some people. This can be a good thing for bodybuilders because it means that they will have an increased desire to work out at the gym.
- Increased acne outbreaks: This is due to the fact that Testosterone Propionate can cause an increase in sebum production. An increased level of sebum will produce more acne outbreaks. Furthermore, people who are prone to acne may experience even worse breakouts while they are on a solo cycle with Testosterone Propionate.
- Increased hair loss: Testosterone Propionate has been shown to increase hair loss in some people. This is due to the fact that increased levels of DHT can cause baldness and accelerated male pattern balding. However, this side effect will only happen if a person’s body naturally converts a large amount of testosterone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
- Gynecomastia: Testosterone Propionate has been known to cause the development of enlarged female breast tissue in some men. This side effect is also known as gynecomastia and it can be corrected with surgery or other remedies. However, this side effect will only happen if a person’s body naturally converts a large amount of testosterone into Estrogen.
- Testicular shrinkage: Some people who do Testosterone Propionate cycles complain about testicular shrinkage. This typically only happens if the person’s body does not produce enough testosterone on its own. However, you can avoid this side effect by doing post-cycle therapy with an aromatase inhibitor such as Aromasin or Arimidex.
- Itching: Testosterone Propionate can cause itching and this is due to the fact that it works by increasing levels of DHT, which is a hormone that has been known to stimulate itching in some men.
- Increased risk of developing blood clots: Some studies have shown that the use of Testosterone Propionate has led to an increased risk of blood clots. Blood clots are dangerous because they can restrict the flow of blood through your body and this will not only increase your risks for heart diseases but it can also lead to strokes or even death in some rare cases.
- Increased aggression: Testosterone Propionate has been shown to increase aggression in some people and this is due to the fact that DHT has been known to stimulate feelings of aggression.
See also Results of Testosterone Propionate
Testosterone Propionate dosage for bodybuilding in practice
Testosterone Propionate has been known as one of the best steroids to cycle solo. This is due to the fact that it is one of the most potent and effective steroids for increasing strength and size. The use of Testosterone Propionate solo cycles can also lead to a fast buildup in lean muscle mass.
Week 1-12: An average dose of testosterone propionate in men is around 50mg per day. However, if you are experienced with steroid cycles then you may opt to go higher. For newbies, it is recommended that you do not go past 100mg per day.
After week 12: After the first 12 weeks of Testosterone Propionate solo cycles, you need to take a break from all anabolic steroids for at least four weeks. This is because your body will become used to the steroid’s effects and it will stop producing a natural production of testosterone on its own.
Post cycle therapy: You will also need to do proper post cycle therapy (PCT) to help your body restore its natural production of testosterone. This will also prevent you from developing side effects such as testicular shrinkage, Gynecomastia, and decreased growth hormone levels.
You can choose to use PCT products that contain Clomid or Nolvadex. These are both nonsteroidal anti-estrogens that can prevent further development of breast tissue in men.
You will also need to use an aromatase inhibitor such as Aromasin or Arimidex to block the conversion of testosterone into Estrogen. This will help you avoid side effects associated with increased estrogen, such as Gynecomastia.
You can do PCT for as long as six weeks before you can begin another Testosterone Propionate solo cycle. However, the length of time that you need to use this type of steroid is dependent on your body’s response to its use and how experienced you are with using low testosterone-producing anabolic steroids.